A world of more efficient and sustainable mobility is just up ahead.
"Most Iconic Brand" in the Car Rental category,
2012 Harris Poll EquiTrend Study
What Drives Us
To understand what's behind our ambitions is to know what makes up our DNA. We share our guiding principles here.
PIONEERING URBAN MOBILITY
With the world’s largest fleet of passenger vehicles, we’re uniquely positioned to quickly and efficiently introduce millions of drivers to new fuel and vehicle technology.
Car sharing is a natural extension of the local car rental service that Enterprise Rent-A-Car pioneered. We now operate car sharing programs in nearly 40 states, plus Canada and the U.K.
TEST-DRIVING CLEAN TECHNOLOGY
Before taking the leap to purchase a hybrid or electric vehicle, consumers have a convenient and affordable opportunity to try them out by visiting our Driving Futures Network.
VISIT A DRIVING FUTURES NETWORK LOCATION
OUR VISION IS 20/20
Starting in 2010, we committed to a five-year plan to cut both our energy use and energy costs by 20%. At this moment, we’re at 11.7% and counting.
MOVING FASTER IN NEW YORK
HOW WILL OUR NEW YORK OPERATIONS REDUCE BY 25% IN 2015?
Our Metro New York branches have installed energy-efficient lighting and motion sensors on thermostats – so that heating and cooling isn’t wasted when no one’s there.
In 45 rental facilities across the five boroughs of New York City, we’ve reduced local energy use by 10% since 2010.
In New York, and throughout the company, our management training program has enabled managers to carry out our sustainability fundamentals at the local level.
By 2015, 100% of our shuttles will run on cleaner burning fuels.
GETTING DEEP IN
Together with the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, we’re committed to helping scientists research and develop next-generation biofuels that will reduce environmental impact and our dependence on foreign sources.
RENEWABLE FUELS RESEARCH
CONNECTING WITH OUR WORLD
Because we live and work in cities and towns across the world, we’re dedicated to making a positive impact for today’s generation, and the generations to come.
50 MILLION TREE PLEDGE
In 2006 we promised to plant 50 million trees in national forests throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe by 2056. This year, we're on track to reach 8 million.
SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION GOAL COMPLETED
We're improving efficiencies at Enterprise locations with more than 1,300 retrofit and new construction projects.
- 05/06/2013St. Louis Business JournalEnterprise revs up 5 natural gas-powered shuttles at Lambert
- 04/23/2013MIZZOU MagazineA green day for Mizzou
- 04/23/2013KRCG-TVEnterprise gives $2 million gift to the University of Missouri
- 04/19/2013Auto Rental NewsEnterprise plants trees at Flight 93 Memorial for Arbor Day
- 04/09/2013Winning Through Transparency and CommitmentThe World Travel and Tourism Council found that the travel and tourism industry’s contribution to
- 02/11/2013Government Executive Magazine: “Crisis Management – Storm Surge”Last fall, I posted a blog, “When Disaster Strikes, Enterprise Is There,” focusing on a keynote
- 01/08/2013Enterprise Institute Explores Potential of Algae-Based FuelsThe words pond scum and potential don’t usually go together. But they are a natural fit at the Donald