The Cultural Compass is a planning and goal-setting tool that helps our management team fully incorporate six important areas of best practices into the way we run our business.
We gauge our environmental conservation efforts by four elements: measurement, cost reduction, conservation and compliance. These areas of focus enable us to make more efficient use of resources, both natural and financial. We’re committed to understanding our environmental impact and are adopting measures to reduce it, while also positioning our company as a responsible corporate citizen.Our company goals for FY2015:
- Reduce electricity and heating usage by 20 percent from the company baseline (FY2010) as part of the 20/20 Vision: to reduce both energy use and energy costs by 20 percent by 2015.
- Reduce water usage by 20 percent from FY2010. In addition, branch water disposal must be 100% compliant with country specific environment code.
- Repurposing of used vehicle components, i.e. tires, parts, used oil, etc. In addition, groups can have goals supporting recycling efforts for paper, glass, etc.
- Identify and ensure company-wide compliance with all required laws and permits.
The values of our founder, Jack Taylor, remain true today in the way we treat our customers and in the goals we set for ourselves.
Our founding values
- Our brands are the most valuable things we own.
- Personal honesty and integrity are the foundation of our success.
- Customer service is our way of life.
- Our company is a fun and friendly place, where teamwork rules.
- We work hard . . . and we reward hard work.
- Great things happen when we listen . . . to our customers and to each other.
- We strengthen our communities, one neighborhood at a time.
- Our doors are open.